Thursday, February 4, 2010

Identity Wipe

It’s official.

I know nothing. The director of the grand cinema of my life has decided to use an old film technique of making everything on the screen blur into a swirling dissolve. Usually this technique is used in old films to express loss of memory or going somewhere to a far, far away place. The accompanying music is usually a repeated harp strum.

Everything I thought no longer applies about my life, my future or my present. The only thing I can do now is get comfortable living in the swirling vortex of the BLUR. Surely a new scene will appear on the screen, it always does, and beyond my wildest imagination.

5 comments:

  1. Very astute. Being in the blur can be scary, fun or freeing. Or all of the above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such talents and have such an open heart and the universe rewards that. I can't wait to see what amazing things lie ahead for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disorienting when that happens! and it seems to be happening to a lot of people with increasing frequency.

    It's like the anchors of reality have come unstuck, so we better learn to flow with the current. This is the "New Normal".

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blur..... the Tibetans call it Bardo, antarabhāva in Sanskrit... Liminality (from the Latin word līmen, meaning "a threshold"

    I am experiencing the very same space. I shared with a very dear friend a week ago that I feel like a field in fallow... a rather alien space for me, historically being one who is in some perpetual state of action/creation.

    Still, it feels like a huge upgrade in mid process, an invitation to practice singular presence and wait as something new and Big emerges.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. It is very freeing to know that I am not alone and encouraging to know that something big is emerging. It does feel that way although I do not have a glimmer of what it is, only my tremendous desires. I have even said to others that "I am a sallow field." I didn't know the correct word, haha.
    Love you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete