Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Unflow

I love that incredible feeling when everything is happening perfectly; I am in the perfect place at the perfect time with the perfect surprise presenting itself.

But what about when you are absolutely NOT in the flow. Like today for example. I am in LA with a million things I want to get done and I can’t even get a rental car to begin my day. It has turned into a three hour nightmare of which I’ll spare you the grisly details. It ends with me in tears at Whole Foods trying to eat some sushi as the day continues to spiral into.... well you get the picture. Even as I am writing this, a large random hairball of grey hair has rolled onto my foot. Ewww!

So what went wrong?

Then I realize something. It is impossible to not be in the flow. Life is a flow. It’s just that my flow happened to look like RESISTANCE today. Maybe all this resistance is guiding me perfectly, beyond what I can see. I am so quick to judge frustration as bad, when it is just information flowing towards me, just the same as when so called good things are happening. It is the childs game of “you’re getting warmer, no colder, etc.”

Leaarning to love the full human experience without the judgment of good or bad....

No comments:

Post a Comment