Monday, August 17, 2009

An Invitation to All Musicians Out There

The romance started on my birthday a few days ago. I blocked out the world and plugged into music, completely. I hit SHUFFLE on my I Tunes so that the universal DJ could do it’s thing and play songs that matched the vibration I was in of profound love, bliss, private revolution and sacred soulfulness. My day was a movie with a soundtrack of songs like early CSNY (heavy on the Neil Young), “War” by Lennon and “Give You My Heart” by Doyle Bramhall II. I was no longer an appreciator of deeply connected music, I was an extension, an amplification of this holy vibration.




The playlist kept getting better as the day went on, taking me deeper and deeper. Rick Dufay emailed a live guitar solo and put the cherry on top. Wrapped up or encoded in this music is every human emotion, every heart-quaking desire, every bone-splitting pain, every love-tendered salve; in other words the full human experience, which is the new spirituality.




There is new music to be made to keep us all matched up together in this vintage sensuous dimension known as Planet Earth and the fully engaged human journey. I can’t wait....

1 comment:

  1. Plugged in huh? well now. Send me a pic of the flowing river when you wake up. And I'll send you another RIFFF or Tooo.

    ReplyDelete